Sunday, June 26, 2011

Virtual Tour - McFaddin-Ward House Museum

McFaddin-Ward House
(picture borrowed from http://www.mcfaddin-ward.org/)
One thing I would have loved to have done while in Beaumont is visit some of the historic homes in the area.  Since I didn't have time to visit the homes in person, I paid them a visit online instead.  One home that has a really good website with a virtual tour is the McFaddin-Ward House, Historic House Museum.  The website gives the history of the house, along with a virtual tour of the buildings and gardens.  A short video can be viewed to learn more about the family who lived in the home.  Educational programs are described and artifacts are highlighted.  The museum also has a reserve library that may be visited by appointment only. 

Visiting the McFaddin-Ward House via a virtual tour only made me want to visit it more.  I love the floor plan used on the virtual tour.  I think I'll save a copy of the floor plan so that I can build me one just like it some day!

No comments:

Post a Comment